Why attend this course:
This course provides detailed information on the inspection of welds utilising the Eddy Current Testing method, incorporating the latest equipment. This course is suitable for beginners and personnel with an existing NDT knowledge. ASNT/ PCN approved and provides excellent preparation for the Level 1 examination as specified by the relevant ASNT/ PCN documentation.
NDT Course Curricullum:
- Introduction to Eddy Current Testing
- a. Historical and developmental process
- b. Basic physics and controlling principles
- Electromagnetic Theory
- a. Generation of eddy currents by means of an AC field
- b. Effect of fields created by eddy currents (impedance changes)
- c. Effect of change of impedance on instrumentation
- d. Properties of eddy current
- Types of Eddy Current Sensing Elements
- Types of arrangements (Probe coils, Encircling coils , Inside coils)
- Modes of operation ( Absolute, Differential, Hybrids )
- Theory of operation
- Hall Effect sensors
- Applications ( Measurement of material properties , Flaw detection , Geometrical features)
- Factors affecting choice of sensing elements(Type of part, Type of discontinuities, Speed of testing, Amount of testing, Probable location of discontinuity)
- Selection of Inspection Parameters(Frequency, Current / voltage, Channel gain, Display sensitivity selections, Standardization, Filtering, Thresholds)
- Readout Mechanisms
- Practical Training
- Filter effects on reference standards.
- Lift – off effects.
- Frequency effects.
- Rotational & forward speed effects.
- Generate a Z-Curve with conductivity standards.