Why attend this course:
This course is suitable for beginners and personnel with existing NDT knowledge. To qualify straight to Level 2, candidates must complete both Level 1 and Level 2 training courses. This course is PCN-approved and provides excellent preparation for the Level 2 examination as specified by the relevant PCN documentation.
NDT Course Curricullum:
- Review of Electromagnetic Theory
- Factors That Affect Coil Impedance(Test part, Conductivity, Permeability, Mass, Homogeneity, Test system, Frequency, Coupling, Field strength, Test coil and shape, Hall elements)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio
- Selection of Test Frequency
- Coupling (Fill factor, Lift-off)
- Field Strength and Its Selection
- Instrument Design Considerations (Single & Multi Frequency, Amplification, Phase detection, Differentiation of filtering)
- Explanation of Standards and Specifications used in Eddy Current Testing.
- Calibration and Acceptance Standard.
- Practical Application & Training
- Surface & Near Surface Flaw Detection
- Plating & Coating
- Cladding & Wall Thickness
- Hardness & Heat Treatment
- Tube Inspection