Why attend this course:
This programme provides detailed instructions on the inspection of ferritic welds/castings/wrought products by the use of phased array ultrasonic testing. Suitable only for holders of current, valid UT certification approved and accepted by PCN.
This course is PCN-recognised and provides excellent preparation for the Level 2 examinations. It meets in full the training hour requirements as specified by the relevant PCN documentation. The course utilises the latest “AGR handy scan” Phased Array Unit.
NDT Course Curricullum:
- Principles of phased array probes
- Principles of inspection sensitivity
- Phased array instrumentation
- Scanning with phased array
- Calibration and checks
- Software for data collection
- Software familiarity
- Procedures for verification of flaw existence and position
- Use of software tools
- Data analysis